How to Prevent a Motorcycle Accident
Unfortunately motorcycle accident statistics are grimmer than people may realize. With more and more people taking up riding, accident reports have become more and more common. There are many factors that can contribute to or lead into a motorcycle accident. To help you minimize your risks, we’ve put together a simple list of ways to help keep you riding safely.
1. Always inspect your bike. Motorcycle maintenance is always important when it comes to safety on the road. Take a Motorcycle Safety Foundation course to learn some basic skills.
2. Always wear protective gear. Helmet is most important as most motorcycle fatalities are a result of head injuries. Full leather garb is also highly recommended, along with boots and gloves.
3. Rider’s Safety Course. This is great to do to help prepare you for what may happen on the open road. It can also help keep your reflexes sharp.
4. Never drink and ride. With a whole lot less protection on a motorcycle it is absolutely vital that you do not drink and ride.
5. Always be awake and alert. If you feel tired or sleepy in any way, you should definitely make it a point to pull off somewhere for some fresh air or even a cat nap.
6. Making sure you’re visible or heard. Try to come up with some tricks to make you visible to other drives. Whether it is using your signals, horn or any other combination can potentially be life saving.
7. Watch your speed. Speeding has always been one of the major factors behind motorcycle accidents and fatalities. Be wise and slow it down.
8. Vision check up. Problems with your eyesight can obviously play a huge role in motorcycle accidents. Since there are many factors that can play tricks on your eye, it’s important that you get your eyesight checked regularly.
9. Be honest. It always pays to be honest with yourself. If you know it is time to give up motorcycle riding then do so. The things you could suffer or lose is ultimately not worth it.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, then make it a point to contact the Personal Injury Lawyers and Personal Injury Attorneys of Sweeney Attorneys. As your local Riverside County Attorney Sweeney Attorneys can determine whether or not you or your loved one may qualify for compensation to cover wages lost, medical bills (past, present or future) and even pain and suffering.
The Author of this article is a Riverside County Attorney. The Author has written many articles on Personal Injury Lawyers. The knowledge of the author about the Personal Injury Attorneys is clear from this article.